The institution has international academic influence and has many international collaborators including WHO, NIH, Oxford University, Yale University and ect..More than 10 world-top cardiovascular specialists were awarded Honorary Professors. All of which are beneficial to raising the institution as one of the world’s respected institutions in its field.
DPR of Korea, Mongolia
Sri Lanka, Yemen,
Israel , Laos,
Saudi Arabia ,
Afghanistan, Viet Nam,
United States of America.
Albania, Great Britain,
Mali, Zaire, Congo,
New Zealand, Fiji.
Since Fu Wai hospital founded, it has hosted 5,891 foreign experts and governmental officials from 87countries (regions), Among those visitors, there are 39 delegations at state level.
Eleven professors were granted the Honory Professorship of Fu Wai. By international communication and collaboration, mutual friendships have been strengthened , the development of academic training and research have been accelerated and our service to the patients and society have been greatly improved.
From 1979 to 2005, 282 staffs from our institution have been sent abroad and trained in different fields of medicine and science, many of them returned and become leaders of many subspecialties.
1. Edgar Snow, a famous American Journalist, visited our hospital in 1960.
2. Dr. Harry Windsor, famous cardiac surgeon from St Vincent's Hospital of Australia, Talked with Dr. Shang Deyan.
3. Famous cardiologist Dr. Paul Dudley White (US) visited our hospital in 1971.
4. Dr. Michael E DeBakey visited our hospital in February 1973.
5. Dr. Paul Dudley White talked with Dr. Tao Shouqi and Dr. Cai Rusheng.
6. Minister of Health and the Community (France) visited our hospital in 1976.
President Dr. Hu Shengshou welcomed Dr. Delos M. Cosgrove ,Chairman of the Board of Governors and Chief Executive Officer of The Cleveland Clinic to our hospital in May 2005.
1. Loma Linda University of USA estabolished the friendship with our hospital in 1984.
2. Dr. C. Walton Lillehei, the "Father of Open Heart Surgery",Visited our hospital in 1991.
3. Official Celebration of USA-PRC Twenty Years of Cooperation in Cardiovascular and Cardiopulmonary Eqidemiology, in June 2001, Beijing.
4. Dr. Victor Dzau, Chancellor for Health Affairs at Duke University and President and CEO of the Duke University Health System visited our hospital in June 2006.
5. Dr. Jeffrey Drazen, Editor-in-chief of New England Journal of Medicine visited our hospital in March 2006.
6. Dr. Hartmut Keune, Science Counselor (German), visited our hospital.
7. Dr. Hamad Al-Manea, Health Minister of Saudi Arabia visited our hospital in August 2005.